The Who Sell Out ** DELUXE LTD 5CD/2x7" **Universal
7" Box Set
Pre-order - 23/04/2021
£83.33 (£99.99 incl. VAT)
'Initially released in December 1967 and described latterly by Rolling Stone as ‘The Who’s finest album’ The Who Sell Out reflected a remarkable year in popular culture. As well as being forever immortalised as the moment when the counterculture and the ‘Love Generation’ became a global phenomenon and ‘pop’ began metamorphosing into ‘rock’. The new Super Deluxe Edition of The Who Sell Out features 112 tracks, 46 of which are unreleased, an 80-page, hard-back full-colour book, including rare period photos, memorabilia, track by track annotation and new sleeve notes by Pete Townshend with comments from the likes of Pete Drummond (Radio London DJ), Richard Evans (designer) & Roy Flynn (the Speakeasy Club manager). The Super Deluxe package also includes nine posters & inserts, including replicas of 20” x 30” original Adrian George album poster, a gig poster from The City Hall, Newcastle, a Saville Theatre show 8-page programme, a business card for the Bag o’ Nails club, Kingly Street, a Who fan club photo of group, a flyer for Bath Pavilion concerts including The Who, a crack-back bumper sticker for Wonderful Radio London, Keith Moon’s Speakeasy Club membership card and a Who Fan Club newsletter.
A hard slip-case featuring the original album cover artwork front and back containing . . .
• 80-page, hard-back full-colour book, including rare period photos, memorabilia and track-by-track annotation and new liner notes by Pete Townshend with comments from from Pete Drummond (Radio London DJ), Chris Huston (Talentmasters Studio, NYC), Richard Evans (designer), Roy Flynn (Speakeasy Club manager), Arnold Schwartzman (designer) and Andy Neill (Who biographer)
• CD 1 Original mono mix album plus mono As & Bs and unreleased mono mixes
• CD 2 Original stereo mix album plus stereo bonus tracks
• CD 3 Studio out-takes, ‘fly-on-the-wall’ versions of early takes of songs from the album sessions, ‘studio chat’ etc.
• CD 4 The Road to Tommy contains stereo mixes of the studio tracks recorded in 1968 – some previously unreleased – plus 1968 As and Bs mono mixes (all tracks remixed from original 4- and 8-track session tapes in The Who vault)
• CD 5 14 of Pete Townshend’s original demos, previously unreleased and exclusive to this set
BONUS 7” VINYL DISCS:
• Track UK vinyl 45 single of ‘I Can See for Miles’ (early mono mix with single-tracked vocal) b/w ‘Someone’s Coming’ (original UK Track single mix with single-tracked vocal)
• Decca USA vinyl 45 single of ‘Magic Bus’ (US/UK mono) b/w ‘Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde’ (original US Decca single mix)